Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday and Thank You!


This is a special dedication to two groups of people that I know very well: Veterans and Marines. I would first like to take this chance to say Happy Birthday Marines!!! It all started on November 10th 1775 and has continued to this very day. This year marks 223 years of valiant, dedicated service to the United States and it's people. Ronald Reagan said of the Marines: "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference, the Marines don't have that problem". For 223 years when America needed her Marines to answer the call to protect it's freedom Marines have answered that call "in every climb and place". I spent 15 years in this glorious organization and I can honestly tell you that those were the best years of my life. I met some of the bravest, toughest, humorous and intelligent people that I have ever encountered within the ranks of the Marines. The tradition that was started all those years ago lives on today in every Marine or former Marine because there is no such thing as an ex-Marine. No matter when you served, what your rank or what your occupation was, when you meet another Marine you are brothers. This has been, is now and will continue to be the "finest fighting force the world has ever seen"! To the Devil dogs, Leathernecks and Jarheads out there, Semper Fi Marines!!!
To all my fellow veterans out there I also give a hearty thank you to you as well. Whether you are still in or are retired or you did your time and got out, you're still a vet and that's something to be proud of. In this world where we face uncertain challenges from numerous enemies abroad, I for one am thankful that we still have young men and women that are willing to answer the call. I have chewed some of the same dirt that you are chewing now depending on where you are and I feel safer here at home knowing you are on duty. In modern day America there are far too many who choose to slander and blame you for simply doing your job and I know sometimes it can be rough. However, you must know that the LARGE majority of us here in America still love and appreciate and thank God for your sacrifice. So this Veteran's Day I raise a glass in toast to all of those who have ever worn the uniform. Here's to the best America has to offer! Here, here!!
DJOHNSWORLD at Blogged
 
hit-counter-download.com
homestudycourses.net